Monday, December 29, 2014

DVD#5, 6, & 7 - The Control of Anxiety - Counseling Sessions 1, 2 & 3

These next three DVDs contain real life counseling sessions.  Out of respect for this program, I'm just making a quick note about these three DVDs because within these DVDs, Capt. Bunn shares similar techniques with different people to help with anxiety during flight.  These are the same techniques that he shares in his book, but you get to see him practice them with real life people.  For the record, DVD #7 is my favorite.  The woman in this video has a story I can really relate to.  

Anyway, there's no way to truly go through all these exercises adequately here and honestly, it's all written out in the book and you can buy it HERE.  Or you can buy the whole program HERE:)  I get no commission.  I'm just a firm believer in this program.  Of course, I guess the real test comes in a few weeks!

I have noticed that there is a change in me.  In combination with this program and my own personal therapy, I realize things are sinking in.  I'm sure you all heard about the plane that crashed in Asia a few days ago.  Instead of having a panic attack, all of Capt. Bunn's words flooded my brain.  I "heard" his words about how U.S. airlines are different than those in Asia...different safety protocols...different plane maintenance, pilots treated differently, etc.  I "heard" the reminder that planes don't just fall out of the sky in the U.S. I also "heard" the reminder that people facing death don't tend to panic, but instead find a calmness. I also "heard" my own thoughts about how death comes when death comes and if I'm supposed to die on a plane, then that's where I'm going to die.  If I'm supposed to die a certain day, it's going to happen in some way that day.  Why avoid certain things when if I'm supposed to die that day, I'm going to die?  Might as well die doing something fun.  :) 

Those were all my first thoughts upon hearing about the plane, instead of thinking, "Oh My Gosh!  How am I going to get a plane now?!"  To me...that is HUGE progress.  I'm still not 100% certain that I can pull this all off while sitting on a plane...but I'd say I'm more like 75% certain when about 6 months ago I would have been nearly 100% certain there was no way I would be able to hold it together on a plane.

Progress...one step at a time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment